Friday, March 19, 2010

Basket Rescue & Estate Sale Deals

One of the great things about living near Myers Park, a very prestigous neighborhood in Charlotte, is that the people living there will throw away some nice stuff without a thought.  So, every once in a while, I'll spot a little treasure sitting on the side of the road around trash day.  About two weeks ago, I found this awesome basket just laying there all lonely next to the trash can, hoping it would find a new home before being taken away to the dump.  So, I rescued the poor little basket and took it to its new home where it is very much appreciated!  Sure, one of the handles is messed up, but that can easily be fixed just by cutting off the handles and nobody will ever know!  For now, the basket is very happy holding a pillow and some fabric remnants...



And speaking of fabric remnants, I have to share where I got the lovely polk-a-dot fabric.  On my way to the dog park a few weekend's ago, I saw a sign for an estate sale and went inside for a quick peek.  Most stuff was already gone, but I found some great items and got them all for a total of $20, including the fabric which is really thick, good quality fabric that I would expect to be $30 - $60 per yard from a nice fabric store.  Anyway, here is everything I got for the $20 bucks!

The fabric which was a total of $12....

The cute silver tray for $5....

These clear knobs for $3...

And they threw in this vintage purse for FREE!  I can't wait till my next vacation when I can use this as my carry-on.  For now, I may try to repurpose it as a plant holder or storage for all my winter gloves/hats.... so many possibilities...


Great deals make me so happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment